SHOW NOTES: The Witcher and Medieval Geopolitics
From the Grounded Geeks podcast / your co-hosts Aman and Lena
We’re finally talking about The Witcher! Not only do have many thoughts on monsters and magic, but we also spend ample time on geopolitics in the Witcherverse, the origin of banking(?), unending oppression of humans by humans, and Philip IV…(he was some king of France in the 1300s). We talk about mages and the Knights Templar, the persecution of elves and Jewish people, and so much more. You don’t want to miss this episode.
Check out our latest episode on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and anywhere else you can listen to podcasts! And be sure to tell us your thoughts on Twitter. The Grounded Geeks theme song is brought to you by Feyzan Beats.
Grounded Geeks: The Witcher and Medieval Geopolitics on Apple Podcasts
We finally talked about The Witcher! Aside from the monsters and magic, we also talk about medieval geopolitics, how…
Some links to help you geek out EVEN MORE:
- Why The Witcher’s Elves Are Antagonists But Not Villains
- 16 Shows like ‘The Witcher’ to Watch Next for More Bewitching Lone Wolf Tales
- Some real history: Conflict with the papacy of Philip IV
- More real history: Who were the Knights Templar?
- Some real life oppression/discrimination happening in the world right now: Three Neo-Nazis arrested in connection with Orlando rally
- Reasons for more education in the face of ignorance: Whoopi Goldberg Apologized. Punishing Her Further Is Un-Jewish.
- More oppression: Israel’s apartheid against Palestinians
- And even more oppression: As the Olympics Unfold, a Look at China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims