SHOW NOTES: Love, Death & Robots: The Robocalypse is Nigh
From the Grounded Geeks podcast / your co-hosts Aman and Lena
Love, Death & Robots are what the future holds for us. It’s also the name of a Netflix anthology series that’s made up of animated shorts about science fiction, fantasy, and horror. This week, Aman and Lena focused on the robots and talked specifically about three episodes (titled Automated Customer Service, When the Yogurt Took Over, and Three Robots) that show us what could be our near-future, mid-future, and post-apocalyptic future. But all you really need to know is…the robots are taking over.
Check out our latest episode on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and anywhere else you can listen to podcasts! And be sure to tell us your thoughts on Twitter. The Grounded Geeks theme song is brought to you by Feyzan Beats.
Some links to help you geek out EVEN MORE:
- First off, if you haven’t seen Love, Death & Robots, here’s the trailer
- Aman mentions Isaac Asimov’s I, Robot so here’s a summary.
- Here’s an article about season 2 of Love, Death & Robots: ‘Love, Death & Robots’ Is Growing Up
- More fun articles: The great misunderstanding at the core of facial recognition
- How Do We Prepare for an AI Future?
- To learn more about where technology may be heading, be sure to watch Coded Bias, a documentary that investigates the bias in algorithms after M.I.T. Media Lab researcher Joy Buolamwini uncovered flaws in facial recognition technology. You can watch it on Netflix.
- And you can catch Joy Buolamwini’s TED Talk here.